Monday, June 11, 2007

More "Pardon My French" About Me

just i'm sure y'all are biting your nails over this one...today i've decided to blog more gratuitous info about...oh...myself. yep, found it over at Don't Try This At Home.(trumpet fanfare) "my blogging story," ahem..hey you in the back...yeah you...clam up and listen will ya?

how did you start blogging?

it was a dark and stormy night...ok, not really. my husband seemed to think i should. frankly everybody, i have alot of slightly twisted ideas twirling like little fairies in my noggin. these are the little humorous things that cause people to be creeped out when i just start giggling uncontrollably to myself. hee hee hee. see what i mean? i either a.) think my husband thought me blogging these little nuances out of my head was cheaper than therapy or 2.)he is saving them up for proof...of what i'm not exactly sure but there has to be a reason. it does feel good to ramble and get them out of my otherwise crowded cerebral hemisphere.

Did you intend to be a blog w/a big following? If so, how did you go about it?

umm, no, and i think i'm doing a darn good job of keeping up with my intentions. don'tcha think? i started out completely incognito, not wanting to scare people. then i told my oldest daughter's godmother and she loved it. then i shared it with amy at fresh vintage but i told her to keep it absolute secret boy. but i left a couple of comments on friends blog and gained a few more readers. now i think i'm in my comfort zone...about four or five readers. still to this day i have not memorized my url so i'm not lying when somebody says, "where is your blog?" and i say, "geez beave, me and wally don't gosh golly gee know>"

What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

not go crazy...it seems to be working well so far. seriously, it just makes me feel good to get ideas out onto well...it's not really paper...before i forget them.

Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

i have definitely become less sarcastic in my content and tone. hey, what are you snickering at? my first posts were so off the wall i have toned it down a bit for the masses.

What do you know now that you wish you'd known when you started?

how to post pictures. wow, my first posts were lame-o.

Do you make money with your blog?

are you serious. i could get cashola for this? well sign me up sister! i don't think i'd get to far with five readers though. i'd probably just do better holding a telethon with some big name talent.

Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

ummm, no. contents may become volatile if shaken or stirred.
i did find out from my husband that my bil has read it in the past.

What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

1. blog as often as you have time
2. tell me your address so i can leave a comment, i just loooooove leaving comments!

so there ya have it skipper. the long and well...long of it. so post your own and head on over here to link your own.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

You wacky girl, you!
Thanks for the laugh this early!

5:44 AM

 
Blogger Xia and Isa said...

Thanks for spilling the beans! Looking forward to singing with you tonight - Stephanie

5:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home