Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday

today is Holy Saturday. i have pondered for years how to observe this day. on Palm Sunday we celebrate His triumphant entry into jerusalem. on Holy Thursday we witness the institution of the Holy Priesthood and the Most Blessed Eucharist. on Good Friday we walk with Him to calvary where He gave His very life for our sins. but saturday, Holy Saturday...what now. i believe Holy Saturday is about trust...and hope. Holy Saturday may not be marked by any big liturgy or moving stories. it only receives a mention of a few lines in the Gospels. but, i think today is the day we see what we really are made of. it's a time where we are not shown step by step what is going on and what we are to be doing. and if you are like me...that drives you crazy. so today, i must trust that despite the crucifixion and the empty tabernacle...He is still with me. today i must hope that tomorrow i will see the resurrection. the most glorious morn where our Savior rose is glory and conquered sin and death. until then, we pray the psalm from vespers for this evening...

Come quickly and hear me, O Lord,
for my spirit is weakening.
Do not hide your face from me,
do not let me be like the dead,
who go down to the underworld.
Show me your mercy at daybreak,
because of my trust in you.
Tell me the way I should follow,
for I lift up my soul towards you.
Rescue me from my enemies:
Lord, I flee to you for refuge.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.

may God bless your preparation, make you strong in trust and give you hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

beautiful! as was your singing at the vigil.

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home