Monday, September 15, 2008

Simply Monday - September 15th


outside my window - it is just becoming daylight. the moon was still out when i got up. this is quite the new leaf for me. it's supposed to be in the 80's again today. this is september, right?

i am thinking - that this week is going to be at least a bit restful. we only have a few days of activities this week instead of every day.

from the learning rooms - back to the school work after the weekend. this is week two. here's hoping my little guy sticks with it, my oldest daughter comes back from la la land in enough time to do her math correctly and that my youngest doesn't find any writing implements.

i am thankful for - a house to live in where we are safe. this is quite the change from our last place...God is good.

from the kitchen - we'll see what today holds but i am hoping to whip up some breakfast sandwiches for the freezer. we will also be having a lovely breakfast this morning with leftovers from brunch we had here with friends yesterday. i made a sausage "casserole" type thing with cottage cheese and red pepper (it was really good) and the quiche recipe i got from this other volpe.

i am wearing - the exact same thing i was wearing last week at this time. the exercising thing is still continuing. we're on week two now. if it wasn't for my husband diligently waking me up...i'd still be in bed. i'm not fooling myself on that one. :)

i am reading - well, i started again on "spirit of the liturgy" the other day but the grocery list won out.

i am hoping - that we make it through schoolwork without me falling asleep on the table. don't laugh...i know it's happened to all of you at least once.

i am creating - a better ordered home (i hope) and still the secret project, yada yada yada.

i am hearing - the ceiling fan and the littlest munchkin whining about being awake and getting dressed (oh, how i love that husband of mine for taking care of that!)

around the house - it's quite now but pretty soon it will be filled with the bustle of school, playing and many other things...and i certainly feel blessed for that bustle...although sometimes i don't show it.

one of my favorite things - is making progress through a "to-do" list.

a few plans for the rest of the week - those breakfast sandwiches, hopefully canning tomatoes and maybe the produce and plant auction (i'm frankly addicted).

here is a picture thought i am sharing with you - this is one of the reasons why my daughter loves michele's husband. :)

make sure and take a little jaunt over to peggy's for today's other day books. have a great day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It looks like a good day ahead. Now go brew yourself a bit of coffee and head to that homeschool table in full gear lol.
Blessings to you!
Kim

5:38 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

Hi! Enjoyed reading your Daybook. I sympathize with your exhaustion. I'm tired this a.m., too. Here's hoping we'll both of us get some energy before the morning is through! Have a great day!

6:14 AM

 
Blogger Aisling said...

falling asleep at the table, on the sofa, at the computer desk, at my craft desk, sat in church, almost in the middle of worship in church too. I do a lot of falling asleep.

6:58 AM

 
Blogger Anita said...

I envy any homeschooling parent who can get started on the lessons for the day without at least a cup or two of coffee! lol...
Thanks for sharing your home with us this morning!
Have a wonderful week!
Prairie Dreams

7:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the quiche came out yummy. It does go great with a hot cup of coffee!

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Mummy said...

Great entry! There is nothing quite like ticking off a to-do list, you are right! Quite satisfying! Have a super week!

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Sandra said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook :)

1:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband has to wake me up to exercise too. I'd much rather snuggle under the covers!

6:22 PM

 
Blogger flmom said...

Now I'm craving sausage cassserole. LOL It's my husband's tradition to make one on Christmas morning.

5:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home