Monday, September 22, 2008

Simply Monday - September 22nd


outside my window - it is still pretty dark and cool and still.

i am thinking - that today is going to be a long day. not going into too much detail, we have a reason to believe that a service worker we had in the house a few months ago took a few things from us. i had thought so back when he was here, but wasn't exactly sure. now we have also noticed a couple of things missing that we don't use frequently and don't ever leave a certain place. we have to call the company and see what, if anything, they are willing to do. please say a prayer for us. stuff like this just makes me feel really violated and bothers my whole mood.

from the learning rooms - this is week three of school and i am happy to report that things are still going fairly well. i have hidden every writing implement in my whole house so i have not found any other "art, " i am also happy to report.

i am thankful for - a husband that will take care of sticky issues like the one mentioned in "i am thinking" so that i don't have to. i think my phone call would be a jumble of yelling and crying anyway.

from the kitchen - those breakfast sandwiches still need to be made and frozen...and hmmm, i wonder if there are still tomatoes left to can.

i am wearing - workout clothes again. this is week three for the workout too. i don't dread it as much but i'm not noticing results so that isn't helping the motivation.

i am reading - hopefully something good i pick up at the huge book sale today. we have a gigantic book sale for the next three days that benefits our libraries. it is held in an ice skating rink and they manage to fill the place to brimming.

i am hoping - that it doesn't rain again on friday for our homeschool nature study and nature crafts. although, i just watched the morning news and that's what the forecast says.

i am creating - a workbook with stickers for my two and a half year old so that she can have something to do with us while we are at the table for schoolwork. having a husband that is a graphic designer...i didn't really want to pay for one.

i am hearing - the chatter of my littlest one and my husband nearby discussing breakfast and how she can only go if he picks her up. :)

around the house - the laundry needs to be washed (like all monday mornings) and the living room needs to be tidied (oh, kids!)

one of my favorite things - is sleeping in...which i haven't done ANY of for the past three weeks...including weekends.

a few plans for the rest of the week - hopefully staying pretty close to home and getting some things done around here. then, sleep in on saturday because it's the first day in forever that we have nothing to do.

here is a picture thought i am sharing with you - when is this thing going to hatch?

have a great day. please say a prayer for the phone call my husband has to make (that they won't give him the brush off and treat him like he's crazy) and stop over to peggy's to check out all the other day book entries.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Good morning! I said a prayer for your family and I hope that the situation is resolved. I can tell you are very bothered by everything that has happened - normally I am giggling as I read your blog but today your writing is very subdued.

I hope you have a good week and get the resolution you are seeking.

4:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that God directs your dh in his speech, and that He keeps his hand in this situation.

4:07 AM

 
Blogger Hill upon Hill said...

You are in my thoughts. I too would feel violated.

5:34 AM

 
Blogger Heart 4 My Home said...

I do hope things are cleared up soon. That is so frustrating I am sure.

~blessings

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Love Bears All Things said...

What in the world is that thing in your picture?

Breakfast sandwiches sounds interesting. Could you elaborate?
Mama Bear

6:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I so wish I could go to the book sale with you!!! I am inbetween books at the moment ;)

7:12 AM

 
Blogger Gayle said...

You definitely need to sleep...it will make everything seem better. I hope you catch the little creep that took your things! It would also be better for my husband to make the phone call...I would yell a lot!

12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home